Perk number #1 of shooting food... getting to eat the props afterwards. And the new winter menu at May Street Larder takes, the uh, the cake.
I'm not usually a crumpet fan (hello grandmas) but the Sourdough Crumpet with lemon curd, blueberries and crispy meringue is outta this world good. The crumpet is made in-house, as the same suggests, from sourdough, and the lemon curd is so good you'll never settle for lemon meringue pie again.
Do yourself a favour...
May Street Larder
Shop 23, 155 Canning Hwy, East Fremantle 6158, Perth, Western Australia
(08) 6161 0371
- Sourdough Crumpet. Lemon curd, blueberries & crispy meringue.
- Pearl barley, date and apple porridge. Cashew cream, puffed sorghum & garden flowers.
- Truffled eggs. Scrambled eggs, truffle butter, MSL sourdough, watercress & fresh truffle.
- Probiotic Korean rice bowl. Brown rice, pumpkin kimchi, fermented daikon & carrot pickle, sesame krout & cucumber salad.
- Cheeky Rascal. 12 hour slow cooked beef cheek, smoked chilli, tortilla crusted egg, avocado, coriander & red beans.
- Kedgeree. House smoked salmon, wild rice, peas, sauerkraut, chilli, poached egg & savoury granola.
- Mixed mushroom risotto. Sauteed winter mushrooms, watercress, parmesan.
- MSL wagyu burger. Pickled red onion, relish, buttermilk aioli, rocket, pretzel bun & fried pickles.
- Sweet treats from the daily display.
Jillian McHugh Photography